Before you begin, take note of these tips for logging in and navigating the RDS interview. Most delays and issues experienced by students are due to not following this guidance:
- TIP: DO NOT create an account to complete RDS if you have already created a CFNC or RDS account in the past. You will receive error messages and will not be able to proceed.
- DO NOT create a new account with an incorrect SSN or your information will not be sent to your college and won’t match with your records for state financial aid.
- You can reset the password on your original account, and you can retrieve your original username if you have forgotten it.
- Visit https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/residency/#/recover to retrieve your original username and/or reset your password.
- TIP: DO NOT email RDS for help with login issues. For security reasons, these issues cannot be resolved by email. If you are unable to resolve by retrieving your original username and/or resetting your password at https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/residency/#/recover, call RDS at 844.319.3640. To lessen hold time, call between 9 am and noon, Monday – Friday.
- TIP: DO NOT use the browser back buttons while completing the interview. This will cause an error and you will be logged out of RDS.